Winter safety, be prepared for another harsh winter
October 10, 2011barriehol
A week ago we were basking in wall to wall sunshine and temperatures of 30 degrees centigrade but now forecasters are warning that we should expect freezing temperatures and snow within weeks. The first snow falls have already arrived in Scotland with temperatures an astonishing 21C below last weekend’s highs.
La Niña is a natural phenomenon characterize by an unusual drop in sea temperatures off the western seaboard of Central America and is widely attributed as contributing, if not causing, last year’s freakish weather witnessed across the World including devastating floods in Australia and our freezing winter. Well be warned, La Niña is back again this year so our government machine, transport authorities, rail and airport companies are all making frantic provision to avoid a repeat of the national gridlock and economic paralysis that we all endured last year.
We also want to ensure our customers are prepared by taking action now to stock up on essential winter beating products. Don’t wait until the snow is on the ground as the combination of high demand and disruption to transport links makes availability and our usual prompt delivery less of a certainty.
Here’s a checklist of must have winter safety products to keep you moving and prevent accidents to staff and family alike
- Grit and Salt Bins for businesses particularly those with car parks and walkways
- Quality white sludge free De-Icing Salt in any quantity from 15kg to 28 x 25kg pallets
- Salt and Grit Spreaders for domestic and commercial users
- Snow scoops for clearing drives and paths
- Snow shovels for digging out cars and snow clearance on smaller areas
- In car snow shovel for emergencies
- Promelt de-icer for super fast long lasting deicing on steps, entrances and walkways.
All these products are in stock now so don’t be caught napping this winter.