December 2, 2008barriehol
This time of year it’s the season for lighting up our wood burners or open fires and getting ready for Christmas.
It’s also a dangerous time of the year for fires in the home. It’s worth remembering some of the practical tips to avoid fires in the home at this time of the year.
- Keep Christmas decorations away from open fires, cookers and portable heaters.
- Make sure you don’t leave your candles burning.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working.
- Know what to do in the event of a fire and ensure the whole family is aware as well.
- Make sure you leave your open fires and wood burners in a safe condition when you vacate the room.
- Keep matches out of the way of children.
- Don’t overload your electrical sockets and follow manufacturer’s guidelines on your Christmas lights.
- Have a fire blanket and fire extinguisher handy and make sure you know how to use them.
Fire and Safety Centre are committed to providing a wide range of fire and safety products to protect life and property from the dangers of fire. Why not take a look at our home safety packs to ensure you are taking the necessary precautions to protect your family and your property.