Storing gas bottles can seem daunting but it needn’t be with Safety Storage Centre’s fantastic new range of gas bottle storage cages. Read on for a full introduction of our range!
Gas bottles can be dangerous and tend to be rather heavy but if you follow a few basics then you can’t go too far wrong:
- Store the gas bottles outside… Whilst there can be some exceptions to this, storing gas bottles outside is the safe course of action in the majority of circumstances;
- Keep the gas bottles securely locked away… This is crucial to prevent thieves and vandals tampering with the dangerous bottles;
- But don’t lock away in an enclosed cabinet… Ventilation is key with gas bottles. The storage facility should be secure, locked but allow good ventilation;
- Whatever you do, don’t store near something that could cause ignition… Think about nearby heat sources, volatile chemicals or flammable materials and keep your gas bottles well away from those; and
- Take advice if you have different types of gas bottles… For instance LPG should not be stored near to other gas cylinders.
Gas bottle storage cages: The solution
To deal with the first three bullet points listed above, our gas bottle storage cages are the perfect design solution! They allow for outdoors storage, with a secure locking facility as well as providing ample ventilation for the gas bottles stored within. Storing gas bottles couldn’t possibly be made easier…
The cages are a top quality product and they are manufactured right here in the UK. They are made of powder coated steel and come with a hasp and staple design allowing you to fit your own padlock to provide the security that is needed. Or, if you need a padlock too, then visit our sister website Ultra Security Centre for a huge range to choose from.
The gas bottle storage cages come in a huge range of sizes depending on the nature and quantity of the bottles that you wish to store and there are various colour options too. If you want a bespoke design and size or if you want to upgrade to a galvanised finish then we can accommodate this too, you would just need to call us with your requirements.
Winter is coming: Get yours now!
Gas bottles are such an essential product to many people and companies. They can provide heating, cooking or be essential to commercial and industrial operations. Importantly, usage of gas bottles goes up hugely in the winter months. With the air turning a little cooler, and the end of September fast approaching, now is the best time to get your hands on one of our gas bottle storage cages.
Visit Safety Storage Centre or call us on 01724 281044.